Saturday, August 21, 2010

Good Times

Do you ever look around yourself and want to say, "Thank you God!"? I do. I know that life can, and will be sad and heartbreaking at times, but there are also those days that are just happy. The kind of happy that makes you want to remember it forever. The kind of happy that makes you say, "I love this crazy family." When my little brother is ballet dancing in the middle of the living room, and my little sister is asking me "what a pickle sounds like", my mom accidentally calls me macaroni instead of Mary-Hannah, and my brothers are having a water fight in the kitchen, that's the kind of happy that I wouldn't trade the world for. That's when it's okay that there is laundry that still needs to be folded, and the kitchen floor still needs repair, and the animals still have to be fed. It all feels okay because I'm happy. Sometimes those moments only last for a little while but it's worth it. I wonder sometimes if some people never really feel happy. Sure I've had my down times, and I still do, but I know that happiness is achievable without millions of dollars involved. When I see people in public and I smile at them, and they stare, bewildered as if they've never been smiled at before, I wonder: 'Do they ever laugh so hard that they cry?' Because I am sure that I do at least twice a week. I imagine that it is very near impossible to hold a family together without laughter. I'm sure mine would be in poor shape if we didn't have something to be happy about. I guess I have said all of this to say that I love my family, and I thank God for giving them to me. Love you guys!
Mary-Hannah Christina McGuffey


Just a few of our family pictures from five and six years ago.
Good times.

1 comment:

  1. *reading all that, my amazement equivalent to Neo watching Morpheus soar between two skyscrapers for the first time*

    "Whoa."

    Not just a photographer and a blogger, but a pretty solid writer. And motivational too. Uh, WOW, I needed that.

    ReplyDelete