Monday, October 4, 2010

The Photo Story of My Travels Abroad

Now I present to you the photo story of my travels abroad. ("Abroad" meaning around here... and in Washington.)
The horse silhouettes below are sculptures featured on a butte at the Columbia River Gorge, just outside of the lovely Vantage, Washington. Seeing these horses is always a little highlight of our regular trip to Seattle. This is the first time that I have captured them on camera, and it was a truly fun photo opportunity. I also noticed, though you can't see it on this picture, the last few horses have letters on them. My first thought was that it was the artist's initials, but there seems to be too many letters. Anyway, I found that interesting.

Here are some dandelions in Bellevue, Washington which is just outside of Seattle. Although you may not believe me because it was actually sunny.
Also, the sky-scape was taken in our back yard. It was about 9:00 in the morning and the whole world was just glowing pink. It was so pretty!


Here are some thistles that we came across up on the mountain behind our house while looking for firewood. They were so bright it was almost... hypnotic. Dr. Seuss-ish if you know what I mean.


Below we have Jesse, (survivor man) opening his Swiss army knife and Grace-Marie (woods diva) trying to maneuver the thick underbrush, heavily clad with bling. Notice the glittery pink feather boa.


Hope you all like the pictures!
Mary-Hannah Christina McGuffey

2 comments:

  1. Nice very nice!!! Keep up the pictures...more, more,more! At least Grace-Marie was not wearing high heels...Chasity did, one time when she was 3...when we were on a camping trip/\.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha! As weird as it seems, I faintly remember that. I guess I was just a little diva. ;) Lovely photos, exspecially the horse silhoutte one. <3

    ReplyDelete